I can’t wait for fall and apple season for this!!
What you need
8 medium apples (Use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, etc.) (I filled the crockpot, using about 20 small apples)1 strips of lemon peel – use a vegetable peeler
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 inch cinnamon stick
5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) – or agave
What to do
1. Peel, core and chop the apples.
2. Add the sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon stick.
3. Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples
occasionally, apples will slowly become a delicious applesauce. Remove
cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or if
you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact. (I used a whisk, which gave the sauce a nice chunky consistency.)
4. Can and process as you would other recipes or keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks.
• Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1
Calories: 65.9 • Fat: 0.2 g • Protein: 0.2 g •
Carb: 17.5 g • Fiber: 2.8 g • Sugar: 12