- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- cup milk
- tablespoons granulated sugar
- cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin)
- cup Betty Crocker® pumpkin spice cookie mix (from 17.5-oz pouch)
- cup packed brown sugar
- teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- tablespoons cold butter
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 8-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2In medium bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, milk, egg, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Pour half of the batter into pan. Spread pumpkin pie mix over batter; pour remaining batter on top.
- 3In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter; lightly drag butter knife through topping to mix with top layer of batter.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool.
Look for pumpkin pie mix, which usually comes in a 30-oz can, with the other pie fillings and canned pumpkin in the grocery store. Pumpkin pie mix contains sugar and spices, unlike plain canned pumpkin.
Add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the topping for a truly delicious addition!