I came across this recipe today and it looked amazing! I thought I would share it with you!
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the pine nuts in a dry frying pan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Add basil and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse a few times.
- Add the garlic and cheese, then pulse a few more times.
- Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the pan with a rubber spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste, then pulse a few more times to combine.
- Serve with pasta or use as a spread over toasted baguette.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
I found this recipe at http://www.12tomatoes.com/2013/10/recipe-pesto-to-die-for.html