I came across this today and thought I’d share it with you all, and answer it as if my husband was asking me these questions.. I figured he’ll be bored at work tonight and this will give him an idea for a blog
Just when you think you’ve come to know all there is to know about someone, you’ll find out that you’re just getting started! Marriage is a lifelong journey of discovery and communication is the only way to continue growing in your discovery of one another. Below are some questions that should start some great conversations! Turn off your phones and TV and ask your spouse these questions. I guarantee that you’ll both end up discovering something new!
1. If there was a movie about your life, what songs would you want on the soundtrack?
S. You are my Sunshine, Promises in the Dark, Anything Journey… Dr. Feelgood..
2. In that movie, what actor (past or present) would you want to play you?
S. Sandra Bullock.. she’s just the right amount of quirky, funny, serious and charming
3. If you could have named yourself, what name would you have chosen?
S. I like Shannon…
4. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
S. Used to be my hair… now.. My eyes
5. What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
S. My body from the neck to the knees
6. What was your biggest fear when you were a child?
S. Loosing my mother
7. What is your biggest fear now?
S. Besides the obvious (something happening to my kids).. I have a few.. Starving, rats, roaches, small enclosed places..
8. Besides our wedding and the day kids were born, what is your all-time favorite day?
S. Hmm… I’m not sure..
9. What would you do with the money if we won the lottery?
S. Disappear… for a very long time.
10. What would you do tomorrow if you lost your job and money and we had to start over?
S. Shit.. that’s old news.. I’ve started over too many times in my adult life.. it’s just another day.
11. When you were a kid, who was your biggest hero?
S. My mother of course
12. Who is your biggest hero today?
S. Will always be her… I only wish I could be half the woman she was
13. What is your greatest regret?
S. Having to tell her goodbye on the phone and not in person.
14. What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by this time next year?
S. To be happy.
15. If you won a free vacation to any place on earth, where would you want to go?
S. Bora Bora
16. What was your first nickname?
17. What is your earliest childhood memory?
S. Taking cover from the rain in the dog house with my sister Jodi and our mom hollering out the back door for us to get inside.
18. What was the moment when you laughed harder than you’ve ever laughed?
S. Oh Lord… I laughed pretty darn hard at being hit in the head w/ a frozen ham.
19. If you could write one new law that everyone had to obey, what law would you create?
S. No driving slower then the posted speed… that just pisses me off
20. What’s a new hobby you’d like to try out?
21. Besides marrying me…what’s the greatest thing that has ever happened to you?
S. My babies…