Well it’s been that time of year where we all get busy and we kinda let things slip by the way side, which is exactly what happened to me. I’ve been so caught up in my own life and my own stresses that I have not devoted any real time to my blog or my writing. I could say the usual thing like “Starting in 2014 I’m going to do things differently.. ya know new year new me” crap but the fact is I have so much crap on my plate I honestly don’t know if I can devote a whole bunch of time to my writing.. but I will try to blog more. That much I will promise you all. I hope that’s good enough.
The Turkey is in the Roaster.. the ham is in the oven.. the sides have been started.. only thing missing is my husband. So when he gets here from work we will all open gifts and laugh and eat.. From our house to yours.. MERRY CHRISTMAS.. may your day be peaceful and warm filled with laughter and love.
Say something I’m giving up on you.. and I”m sorry I couldn’t get to you.. and any where I would have followed you.. ooooooo.. say something I’m giving up on you…
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Red and green food color
- container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Betty Crocker® Decorating Decors® red, green and white candy sprinkles
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour half of the batter into medium bowl; set aside. Divide the other half of batter equally between 2 small bowls. (You will be left with 3 bowls of batter.) Add red food color to 1 of the small bowls and mix well. Add green food color to the second small bowl and mix well.
- 2Pour half of the white batter from medium bowl into cake pan. Carefully pour red batter over white batter in pan. Carefully pour green batter over red batter. Then pour remaining white batter from medium bowl over the top. Do not mix the colors.
- 3Bake as directed on box until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet; remove pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Place cake on serving plate.
- 4Divide frosting between 2 small microwavable bowls. Microwave 1 bowl on High about 5 to 10 seconds; mix well with spoon until smooth enough to drizzle. With the spoon, drizzle white frosting back and forth around the whole cake in a striping pattern until you use all of the frosting (allow some frosting to drip down onto plate in middle of cake, if desired).
- 5Microwave second bowl of frosting; stir in a few drops of green food color. Drizzle over cake, scattering back and forth in the same type of striping pattern. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until frosting is set before serving.