If you ever wondered where the chocolate drops in the cookies come from….. well here ya go!!! Bon Appetite..
Okay.. so we’ve all heard it.. “Milk, it does a body good”.. and “Got Milk”… we all know that milk is good for our bones and we should drink some everyday but I gotta tell you… ewww.. Seriously.. ewww. I dunno, maybe I wasn’t breast fed, maybe I had a really bad experience, Maybe one time as a young child I decided to be like my dad or my big brother and just take a swig out of the carton and it was soured.. who knows.. all I know is… eww.. truly.. ewww. Milk is just disgusting. I mean, who looked at a cow one day and thought.. I’m gonna pull on them teats and whatever comes out of it, oh yeah… I’m gonna drink it cause that’s some good looking stuff. If I would have been the first one to A) Milk the cow and B) see the white stuff come out… I’d seriously think it was seamen and I’m sorry but I really don’t want to drink my husbands, there’s no way I wanna chug a cow! Okay, okay.. I realize that you get milk from the female cows and they don’t have seamen.. but it does have the appearance and frankly.. think about it.. you have to “yank” on them before the white stuff come’s out! Again… ewwww
Now I do realize that some really good thing’s come from milk.. like butter.. yummy yummy butter… and there’s nothing better then melted butter on bread/crab legs/lobster/popcorn just to name a few. Cheese, cheese comes from milk and I love cheese. If it wasn’t for cheese my bones would be as brittle as I’m sure Honey Boo Boo’s arteries are going to be a some point!
So Milk.. it may do a body good, but not mine! Milk is only good on cereal and even then I’d like for my spoon to have holes in it to drain the milk out before I eat it! The only thing that makes milk tolerable is… you guessed it.. CHOCOLATE!!! Okay.. and maybe for some Oreo’s.. but honestly.. I don’t like Oreo’s either..lol
I completely and totally love Panera‘s. I eat there quite often (luckily the guy at work buys 95% of the time). I always get one of 3 things, the Black Bean soup which is very yummy and very low calorie and very high in protein… The Chicken Tortilla soup which is FANFREAKINGTASTIC… but they won’t bring it back until March so I am
patiently angrily waiting for and asking the manager for every stinking time I go in there and on rare occasion the Steel Cut Oatmeal. I could hurt myself with that Oatmeal if I’m not careful (and by hurt I mean eat the whole thing and have my tummy pouch explode)… So yesterday when I got my email from Panera’s telling me to come in and try their new Belgian Dark Chocolate Signature Hot Cocoa with Whipped Cream and caramel drizzle with 3 Handmade Artisan Marshmallows with little dark chocolate chips in them… how could I say no???
To my surprise my boss actually bought us lunch today so I took it upon myself to order the soup and a drink! HA… these things are about 12 oz, maybe 16 and they cost $2.99 but they are so completely worth every cent. The chocolate is so rich and creamy and smooth. The Marshmallows are devine, the whipped cream just adds to it. Sadly however, I could only drink about 1/4 of it because of my tummy so I brought the rest home and gave it to my son who inhaled it! My daughter is chomping at the bits to go get one and “share” with me. It is my highest recommendation that if you are in the market on a cold cold winters day for something to warm you and feed your sweet tooth all at the same time.. RUN don’t walk to your nearest Panera and get one of these bad boys…. It is Orgasmic… I swear I had a tiny O when I drank it… imagine if I would have drank the whole cup.. .YES..YES..YES..YES.. (slams hands down on counter).. YES.. OH GOD YES!!!! I’ll have what she’s having! 🙂
I realize that in today’s economy people are trying to save a dime anywhere they can, you know buying generic when possible, car pooling, staying in instead of a night out on the town.. but there is just some things you should NEVER skimp on to save a dime or two..
5) Bread.. I’m sorry but cheap ass generic bread just tastes disgusting. It’s not like real bread.. it’s just tasteless sponge like stuff..
4) Mac N Cheese.. I realize that the neon powdered cheese sauce in the Kraft is not the best most healthiest thing in the world but it’s a good comfort food thing, especially if you add in real cheese and some Parmesan cheese. The generic brands of this yummy comfort food just seem to get worse and worse. The cheese powder becomes this un-describable color, the pasta tasteless. It’s just not worth it… pay the few extra cents if you can…
3) Soda.. Yeah.. I don’t drink it anymore but when I did, it had to be name brand. What is it about the generic stuff? They just seem to suck the fun out of soda’s. Generic’s are just gross.
2) Chocolate…. have you tasted the off name brands of chocolate???? WTF do they put in that crap??? Omg.. you have to run your tongue along the road to get the taste of that crap off. It’s absolutely horrible. Please.. I beg you.. don’t do it.. pay the extra for the name brand stuff. I mean I know American chocolate is gross by Europe‘s standards but still.. it’s better then the no name crap.
1) And last but not least… TOILET PAPER!!!!! My husband, God love him, bought some cheap ass generic shit about a month ago to try to save money. He knows I’m completely stressed out about our current financial situation and did his best. I commented on how much I hated this toilet paper right after the first roll went up and informed him to never never buy this brand again. So the other day when I went to the bathroom I noticed we were on the last roll of that crap (to their defense.. it did last a lot longer) and I kinda did a little dance on the toilet at the thought of not having to use that paper again soon.. (shhhh.. dont’ tell anyone but several times I took some off rolls that were waiting to be used of the good stuff)…Well today in the car my 9 year old princess tells me out of nowhere “Mom.. I had to do a little dance yesterday”.. I asked “Why?” thinking she was going to talk about her bday party we had yesterday.. she said “Cause that really bad toilet paper is gone now.. it was so thin you couldn’t even wipe up a spill with it.. and it hurt my butt!”… Even a 9 year old can tell you shouldn’t skimp on TP!
1 pkg (18 1/2 oz) Devils food cake mix
1 2/3 cups water
1/3 cup canola oil
2 cups cold 2% milk
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil: beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4 qt slow cooker.
2) In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in a cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm *
Found this recipe today in the new Taste of Home Magazine. I’m so going to try this.
2 3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup miniature marshmallows, optional
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
3/4 cup hot 2% milk
1) In a large airtight container mix the first five ingredients. If desired, stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Store mix in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
2) To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until blended.
If you know me, you know I have an unhealthy love of chocolate, especially dark chocolate. There are times that yes, I would rather have chocolate then sex! See, I told you it’s not healthy. Now saying that it has nothing to do with my husbands ability to perform or please, no not at all.. it has to do with I’m a foodie (hence my highest weight being 270lbs). So when I came across this article this morning on Yahoo my mouth dropped open and my saliva glands started producing..
Apparently Christopher Curtin, a chocolatier created this amazing sounding concoction, and it’s so good and sought after it has it’s own little carrying case along with a serial number on it!!!! Can you say.. OMFG!!! Now I love dark chocolate and this is 72% dark cocoa… must have chocolate bar!!! The only problem is the price tag. It’s $18 a bar. I hate spending money, especially on anything that is not a necessity. Why oh why must this man play with my mental stability like this? I just have to have this candy bar.. I must.. but I can’t pay that much for it! Curse my common sense and my sense of justified spending! CURSE the fact I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth and a trust fund in my bank!
I would ask Santa Claus to bring me one and put it in my stocking but that jolly ole fat bastard hasn’t come to see me in years… and I’d ask my hubby to get it for me but then I’d just be mad he spent that much money on a candy bar! Oh what do I do???? Maybe if I pray hard enough I will get one.. cause after all God answers all my prayers, right????
Here is the link to the story if you’d like to read it yourself..